Frequently Asked Questions

How much money is ILWU Warehouse Welfare Fund deducting from my paycheck?

The Trust Fund does not deduct payments from member’s paychecks. Please contact your employer.

What do I need to do to add my newborn on to my benefits?

Please call or email us and we will mail you change forms for your selected providers. You must complete and return the forms, as well as enclose a copy of the newborn’s birth certificate to the Plan Administrative Office.

When do I become eligible for benefits?

You will become eligible for benefits upon completion of any waiting periods required by your employer’s Collective Bargaining Agreement and the Trust Fund’s waiting period, and your employer makes the required contribution to the Trust Fund on your behalf.

What happens if I stop working?

If you are laid-off or terminate employment, you will receive a COBRA notice regarding continuation of coverage once your coverage ceases.

What are the Plan Administrative Office's hours of operation?

Monday thru Friday, 9:00am to 4:30pm (excluding holidays).

I have not received my dental ID card and I need to see a dentist... what should I do?

It is not necessary to have an ID card prior to receiving services from your dental provider. You can provide the dentist with your group number and the name of your dental plan.

How do I enroll my registered domestic partner?

To enroll your registered domestic partner, you will need to complete and return the Trust Fund’s domestic partner paperwork to the Plan Administrative Office. You can contact the Plan Administrative Office to receive a complete information package on domestic partners, including enrollment change forms and the Trust Fund’s domestic partner affidavit.

Please be advised that the value of the imputed income resulting from your domestic partner’s health and welfare benefits will be reported to your employer for inclusion on your W-2 Form. Upon satisfaction of the enrollment procedure, a domestic partner will be granted eligibility and provided the same benefits as is an eligible spouse.

What do I do if my dependent(s) have a different last name than my own?

To enroll a dependent with a different last name than your own, you will need to prove the dependent’s eligibility through submission of a copy of the appropriate documents (i.e., a marriage certificate if you are adding a spouse and a birth certificate if you are adding a child).

What is VSP?

VSP stands for Vision Service Plan, which has been contracted to administer your vision care benefits (for those participants with vision coverage). The highest benefits are paid when you use a VSP provider. To locate a VSP provider you can visit www.vsp.com

Why must I provide social security numbers to the Plan Administrative Office for me and my dependents?

Mandatory Insurer Reporting Law requires group health plans to report all social security numbers to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). ILWU Warehouse Welfare Fund must collect this information in order to document that the Trust Fund is properly coordinating coverage with Medicare. Under federal law, all social security numbers must be collected on the member, spouse and children who are covered under a group health plan. For more information, you can view the CMS Mandatory Reporting and SSN Collection Notice